venerdì, ottobre 07, 2005

Lost Before Translation

George W. Bush riceve il Primo Ministro ungherese, e scommetto che nessuno vorrebbe trovarsi nei panni dell'interprete.

Cioè, cioè
The Prime Minister also brought up some issues of concern to the people of Hungary, one of which, of course, is visa policy. He understands that his job, when talking to the President, is to -- is to say, the people of my country -- which he did -- are concerned about the visa policy.

Una visita è una visita è una visita
All in all, I found it to be a great visit. The visit, by the way, started yesterday when his good wife and my wife visit -- had a -- had a strong visit.

Cos'è successo in Ungheria nel '56?
Q: I would like to raise the question to President Bush, as well, if, as far as you know, you've got an invitation from the Hungarian government for next year for the 50th anniversary of the 1956 revolution? So would you accept this invitation?
[...]
PRESIDENT BUSH: Well, he did extend the invitation, and I appreciate the invitation, because 1956 means a lot to a lot of Americans. A lot of Americans came from Hungary to live here after the '56 incidents. They can trace their history to our country because of those -- of what took place in Hungary. Plus, a lot of Americans followed the incidents in 1956, and appreciated and respected the courage of folks who were willing to stand up for freedom and liberty.
See, 1956 says to us, there are key moments in history when ordinary citizens are willing to defend the right for all to be free. And so it's an important event. I told the Prime Minister, I'm not my own scheduler. I will pass the word on how important this event is, and I will look very carefully at the invitation.

Fonte: Whitehouse.org, via First Draft.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento